All organisations offering services to children or young people must lodge a child safe environments compliance statement.
Organisations have a maximum of 6 months from the original lodgement date to finalise their lodgement. This gives organisations time to develop policies or respond to feedback on reviewed policies provided by the CSE Team.
Lodge online using the Child Safe Environments Compliance system (CSEC)
Compliance statements must be lodged online via the CSEC online lodgement system. There are 3 types of lodgement you can choose from:
- Sole trader (also includes partnerships)
- Single organisation
- Representative body (‘Where a representative body lodges a statement on behalf of its member organisations, it must satisfy itself that the organisations it represents have adopted the policies of the representative body’.
All compliance statements (including your policies) are reviewed by the Child Safe Environments Team. Feedback on policies may be provided to assist you to meet minimum legislative requirements.
Step-by-step instructions for lodging online
The Child Safe Environments Compliance system (CSEC) requires you to create a login before lodging a compliance statement. Once set up, you can access lodged compliance statements and supporting documentation at any time.
Please refer to the CSEC system user manual (PDF 528.9 KB) as it provides step-by-step instructions on how to lodge a compliance statement using the online lodgement system and other services available on the system.
On this site
- Child Safe Environments training
- Child safe environments compliance statements
- Lodging your compliance statement
- Creating a Policy
- What goes in your policy
- Resources for creating a child safe environments policy
- National Principles for child safe organisations
- Developing a Code of Conduct