- Roadmap for reform
- Universal Health and Education
- Targeted Health and Human Services
- Child Safe Environments
- Adults Supporting Kids (ASK)
- CFSS Family Support Services
- CFSS Intensive Family Services
- Out-of-home care prevention programs
- Programs to prevent intergenerational trauma
- Community Services Support Program - Family Support and Early Intervention
- Early Intervention Research Directorate
Families Growing Together
Families Growing Together team
We help South Australian families by empowering them with the knowledge and skills they need to connect and grow together. This helps them lay strong foundations for their children and young people.
We share workshops and resources through:
- children’s centres
- libraries, and
- community spaces.
About our workshops
Our workshops are relaxed and informal. We can present them face-to-face or by webinar.
Parents and caregivers are provided with information and simple, practical strategies based on the latest parenting research and information from Parenting SA. We include videos, activities, and time for parents and caregivers to talk in small groups.
All our workshops are free.
Face-to-face workshops are around 2 to 3 hours (including a break). Webinars are 1 to 2 hours.
Each workshop and webinar supports the parenting journey by:
- Building an understanding of children and young people
- Exploring everyday parenting to build and maintain positive connections
- Offering positive approaches to guiding behaviour
- Helping find additional support if needed.
‘My Child and Me’ is a two-part workshop for parents of children aged 2–12 years
- Brain and child development
- Understanding behaviour
- Parenting styles
- Positive approaches to guiding children’s behaviour.
‘Living with young people’ supports parents with teenagers
- Adolescent development
- Staying connected to build your relationship
- Handling conflict
- Positive approaches to guiding behaviour.
Workshops developed to suit specific groups
- ‘Parenting in Australia’ for multicultural families
- ‘Being a dad’ (YouTube 1 hour) for male caregivers
- 'Developing differently' for parents of children with disability
- ‘Young parents’ for caregivers under the age of 23.
Additional workshops are available on certain topics
- ‘Cyber Safety’ — raising children in a digital age
- ‘Coping skills’ (YouTube 1 hour) — helping children to develop resilience
- ‘Growing and learning in the family’ — connecting with your child through play
- Parenting through Covid-19.
About the Program
The State Government is committed to a strong plan to see every South Australian child grow up safe and healthy with a prosperous future.
Families Growing Together offers parents and caregivers a range of support options to suit their needs.
The Community and Family Services Division — including Families Growing Together — is part of the government’s broader child protection reforms. The division was created in July 2019, in response to the Child Protection Systems Royal Commission Report (2016).
Contact Families Growing Together
Contact the team to book a workshop delivered in your local space, or to find out where a workshop is being held near you.