- Addressing the cost of living
- Australian Service Excellence Standards
- Concessions and Support Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Grants for organisations
- Interpreting and Translating Centre
- LGBTIQ Inclusion
- Local Partnerships
- Metropolitan Aboriginal Youth and Family Services
- Problem gambling help
- Results-Based Accountability
- STARservice Development Program
- Community Connections Program
Personal Alert Systems Providers
Due to Covid-19, changes are being made to the way some services are delivered.
To apply for the Personal Alert Systems Rebate Scheme (PARS), scan and email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your form to 8226 7047. Your medical professional may be able to help you with this. Processing delays will apply to applications received by post.
PARS is undergoing a review and tender process. The Request for Tender has closed. News will be posted as it becomes available.
The Personal Alert Systems Rebate Scheme (PARS) aims to help eligible people obtain financial support towards the cost of a personal alert system and related services, allowing them to live independently in their own homes for longer.
The success of PARS depends on the participation of providers of personal alert systems across South Australia. Service providers must enter into a Panel Deed with the Minister for Human Services to participate.