SA Volunteer Awards
2020 SA Volunteer Awards Results
The South Australia Volunteer Awards recognise the invaluable work that volunteers, volunteer managers, community organisations and businesses contribute to the South Australian community.
In 2020, a new award category, Excellence in Volunteer Management Award was offered in partnership with Volunteering SA&NT
The 2020 South Australian Volunteer Awards winners are:
The Joy Noble Medal. South Australia’s highest distinction for an individual volunteer.
- Ms Jennifer Howard - Founder and CEO of Safe Pets Safe Families
- The organisation provides programs and services that support and assist people in domestic violence situations to be able to leave safely with their children and pets so they can all be reunited when they are back on their feet. It also supports people who may be homeless or have fallen on hard times and their pets.
The Premier’s Award for Corporate Social Responsibility. This award recognises the strong contribution the business sector makes to our communities through philanthropy, partnerships or releasing employees for volunteer service.
- The Ghan Kebab House
- The Kilburn business works with a local soccer team to involve Afghan youth as a way of giving back to the community. A number of staff volunteer for the Ghan Kilburn Soccer Club and are encouraged to participate and volunteer within the community.
‘The Andamooka’ Community Project Award. Awarded to a community, or group of volunteers, which has undertaken a community project resulting in significant community benefit.
- The ‘Archie Badenoch’ project.
- The Archie Badenoch is a historic 40-foot Auxiliary Work Boat with a significant connection to Port Adelaide. It is skippered, crewed, maintained and restored by a tight knit team of fifteen dedicated volunteers who run cruises along the Port River for school groups to share the story of the area’s history and ecology with students.
The Excellence in Volunteer Management Award. This new award, offered in partnership with Volunteering SA&NT recognises the dedication and commitment of volunteer managers who support and facilitate the engagement of volunteers
- Mr Michael Feszczak - HR Business Partner - Volunteer Management, City of Onkaparinga
- Highly regarded across the volunteer sector for his professionalism and volunteer management expertise. In his role as HR Business Partner – Volunteer Management with the City of Onkaparinga - he is responsible for overseeing the council volunteer program of 600 volunteers, providing direction and support to over 60 staff in 33 sites/programs. He is also the chair of the Local Government Volunteer Managers Network.
View the 2020 Volunteer Awards presentation here
Celebrate our volunteers by posting your messages on the Department of Human Services’ Facebook page with #ThanksForVolunteering.